On Wednesday night at the Borderline Bar & Grill in Thousand Oaks, a gunman opened fire and killed 12 people including a sheriff’s sergeant. Among all the victims there was also a guy named Sean Adler and he was a Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu practitioner.
Sean was BJJ student in Gracie Barra Simi Valley under instructor Andre Almeida who shared a picture with him in memoriam of Sean. Andre wrote on his Instagram profile:
“I feel speechless with yesterdays tragedy in Thousand Oaks. We lost an incredible individual, always positive and happy, every time you would walk inside the school you used to fill the room with your joy, may you Rest In Peace, my friend!”
Sean Adler was a white belt in Brazilian jiu-jitsu and he was also a strength coach at Royal High School.
Unfortunately for Sean, he was working as the bouncer in Borderline Bar & Grill in Thousand Oaks when the gunman opened fire.
R.I.P Sean 🙁
More About the Thousands Oaks Shooting and Ian David Long
The time of shooting happened around 11:15 on Wednesday. What actually happened is that gunman identified as David Long shot and killed 13 people in Borderline Bar & Grill in Thousand Oaks, California. The Shooter Long was found dead at the scene as he probably shot himself.
The reasons for this shooting are still unknown but here is what we know so far about David Long:
- Mental health officials were called David Long’s house last year and they found Long “acting a little irrationally”
- David Long is a Former Marine
- Long purchased his gun legally
- Long was attacked in a different restaurant in thousand oaks some time ago
- Long was also an university student
- Authorities said they believe Long used a single .45 caliber Glock 21 handgun