You know who Eddie Bravo is. There’s no way you don’t if you’re a grappler, an MMA fighter, or simply a fan of combat sports. The man is a legend in combat sports circuits, and that’s for a good reason. He’s not just fun and completely off the hooks crazy, he is also brilliant when it comes to Jiu-Jitsu and innovating in a technical sense. Eddie is also one of the people that made professional Jiu-JItsu possible. A lot has been said about his technical and overall contribution to BJJ. Besides many Jiu-Jitsu quotes, today, let’s talk about his funny and philosophical contribution – let’s talk about Eddie Bravo quotes.
Eddie Bravo has had an impact on everyone’s game, whether you’ll admit it or not. So many of the things we’re doing on a daily basis in training are products of some of his original 10th Planet Jiu-Jitsu ideas. Speaking of his original stuff, there’s hardly anyone in the entire sport that has named BJJ techniques more originally or wittingly than Eddie. That’ is exactly why you simply have to read these 15 Eddie Bravo quotes.
Eddie Bravo – The Man, The Conspiracy, The Legend
Eddie Bravo is the man behind one of the most widespread and popular BJJ associations in the world – 10th Planet Jiu-Jitsu. They’re known for training exclusively No-Gi They also develop crazy moves that have people frowning before they realize that most of the stuff works and add it to their game. Eddie has been at the had of many different revolutionary things in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu over the years.
First of all, the Jean Jacques Machado black belt has created some staple positions of today, like the Rubber guard, the lockdown half guard, the Truck, refined an old wrestling move into the Twister and really took reverse Kesa Gatame into new heights with his twister side control. And those are only a few of the most important ones.
Eddie also helped propel professional Jiu-Jitsu with his EBI tournament. They not only featured quite a high cash reward for competing athletes but also revolutionized the ruleset for BJJ. to this day, it still remains the best possible set of rules for submission-only competition.
Bravo also brought to s a different concept of warming up with his crazy, yet extremely effective 10th Planet Jiu-Jitsu warm-up sequences.
But, let’s be honest. His appearances in Joe Rogan’s Podcasts, his unique “Rubber Guard” online instructionals, all the conspiracy talks, and all the Eddie Bravo quotes out there are just as important, if not more, like everything else he has done for BJJ.
15 Eddie Bravo Quotes To Brighten Your Day
Check out these unique Eddie Bravo quotes that will surely make your day brighter. However, as crazy and funny as most of them are, do pay attention. Eddie’s philosophy of Jiu-Jitsu is a really deep one and there’s a lot to learn even from the things that don’t seem to be serious. And, if nothing else, you’ll have the stuff to say that makes everyone both laugh and think tonight when you hit the mats.
- “I was diagnosed with paranoia for fear of never smoking weed again.”
- “I’m selling evolution. You grow or you die.”
- “The only guys that make it through are the guys that have complete control of their ego where they tap out in the beginning, all the time, you’re always losing in the beginning… Your ego can get bruised if you don’t have control of it. So what ends up happens is Jiu-Jitsu is the ultimate douchebag filter.”
- “My main direction in Jiu-Jitsu has always been to make Jiu-Jitsu better in MMA.”
- “Most of the Jiu-Jitsu community is still resistant, and I thought let me build an empire.”
- “We’re seeing all these black belts, they come in fighter after fighter…all these guys, black belts. But when they’re on their back, they’re not used to offense from the defensive position.”
- “I’m going to teach Jiu-Jitsu and be my own boss and not worry about s***. 10th Planet was born and little by little I’m adding schools and growing associations.”
- “I hated Royce Gracie just beating Karate guys and Kung Fu guys, like who is this guy? I was sold. By this point I was like f*** Karate, I’ve got to find some of this Jiu Jitsu s***.”
- “I went in there and got choked 37 times by a purple belt, he put a clinic on me. Most people run when that happens to them, most people’s DNA will activate their primal monkey DNA and say listen, you just got humiliated in here, you are the weakest one in the room. You want to get the f*** out of here and never be exposed like that again get out. When I got tapped out 37 times I didn’t run.”
- “I appreciate everything that Jui Jitsu has gotten me. It’s got me off the grid, making my money off Jiu-Jitsu, I’m my own boss. I love that.”
- “A lot of people were like, this guy turned his back on Jiu-Jitsu. I was like, actually 10th planet was designed to improve Jiu-Jitsu in MMA. I just tried to improve it.”
- “Marcelo Garcia is one of those fighters who train with No-Gi and is also great with gi. When you train with no-gi you actually get better with gi too. I am spending all the time on no-gi, so it becomes a different animal.”
- “The more affiliates I have the more I can sit back and let my brown belt and black belts do the work.”
- “So, when you train no-gi all the time, the no-gi style evolves quicker, twice as fast. Especially, the way we do it at 10th Planet, I am not just the one conveying the knowledge. All my students are involved.”
- “A lot of times I’ll show someone a technique I got really good with, but I didn’t put all the hours in. I didn’t do the research and development. I didn’t take it to the next level.”
Eddie Bravo always has something to say. Whether you like Eddie Bravo’s quotes on Jiu-Jitsu, weed, flat earth, or chemtrails, one thing is for sure. There’s at least a couple of them out there that you agree with!