Dillon Danis, 24 y-old Jiu-Jitsu standout from Newyork, Toe Holds his first opponent Kyle Walker in his (MMA) Mixed Martial Arts debut at Bellator 198 inside Allstate Arena in Rosemont, Illinois.
It was the great Performance by Dillon Danis against hometown fighter Kyle Walker who brought a record of 2 wins and 3 loses in this fight with Dillon Danis. Although it didn’t start that great for Dillon. It seemed like Dillon Danis wanted to enter in the octagon with a style like his training partner and UFC star Conor Mcgregor.
At the beginning of the fight, Dillon started in striking stance probably trying to outstrike his opponent Kyle Walker at first. Very soon he figured out that wasn’t a very good choice for him as he was tagged twice. He tried to take Kyle down but wasn’t successful. The ended up in clinch and Dillon immediately figured out that guard pull can resolve the situation very fast so he did fast guard pull. After going to the floor Kyle walker tried to scramble out of the position, but with Dillon Danis under him, it was mission impossible. Dillon latched his leg and soon after he submitted Kyle with a toehold.
The stoppage came at 1:38 mark of the first round with Dillon Danis as a winner. He’s now 1-0 in MMA and with his first win, he became a legitimate contender in Bellator.
After the bout, Danis said he feels great, “I feel great, this is another level… “, Danis said. He said that he worked on his striking a lot before the fight, but Jiu-Jitsu is still something that he knows best and it got the job done.
Dillon Danis proved he wasn’t BSing before the fight when he said: “So, at the end of the day, questions, bull’s eyes, people talking shit, it’s all good. You could put as much pressure on me as you want. But when you’re this good, you don’t feel pressure.”
“I feel disrespected that people would think that I’m just going into this lightly or I’m just gonna train jiu-jitsu or something like that,” he continued. “I respect MMA a lot and I’m preparing for a world title. Because that’s how every fight should be treated. I just feel a little disrespected that people would think that I took this lightly.”
We can say that this is another win for BJJ so we congratulate Dillon Danis on his great Performance. You can watch the full fight in a video below:
Conor McGregor is very happy with his friend and training partner Dillon Danis winning his debut in Bellator. McGregor wasn’t going to keep quiet after Danis’ win. He Congratulated him on his Instagram profile: “Congrats to my brother Dillon Danis on winning his MMA debut tonight”.
It’s nothing weird since Dillon Danis is McGregor’s friend and training partner and he was the guy who bailed Conor McGregor out of jail in New York after a Bus Rampage.
Bellator 198 results:
- Dillon Danis def. Kyle Walker via submission (toehold) – Round 1, 1:38
- Sultan Umar def. Tom Angeloff via unanimous decision (30-26, 30-27, 30-27)
- Robert Morrow def. Adam Maciejewski via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
- Adil Benjilany def. Corey Jackson via unanimous decision (29-28, 30-27, 30-27)
- Mark Stoddard def. Dan Stittgen via submission (triangle choke) – Round 1, 4:43
- Eric Wisely def. Morgan Sickinger via submission (armbar) – Round 1, 1:12
- Joey Diehl def. Nate Williams via submission (triangle choke) – Round 1, 0:54
- Asef Askar vs. Andrew Johnson ruled majority draw (27-28 Askar, 28-28, 28-28)
- R’Mandel Cameron def. P.J. Cajigas via unanimous decision (30-27, 29-28, 29-28)