Each of us is born more or less skilled, it much depends on genetics, skill can also be greatly influenced by the middle of growing up and developing skills through childhood. But growing up without developing those skills doesn’t mean that we can develop them by basic bodyweight exercises, also by doing those drills we improve our strength and condition.
Jiu-Jitsu is a sport that requires the use of every muscle of the body, so with these exercises, we will cover the whole body. I can guarantee you that bodyweight is much better than those gym exercises with weights. These movements are natural and bring us strength, condition, speed, acceleration, and many other benefits.
So let’s start with the introduction of drills for better progress in Jiu-Jitsu.
1. Kip up burpees – This exercise consist of 3 main movements: Deep squat, push up, and jump. It is very good for acceleration and speed. If you can’t do it properly try to do it with the help of someone. He/she should light push your back.
2. ABS up – Very simple drill. This one attacks your abuse and gives them strength and condition. It can help you to reduce the time of standing up from the ground in a fight.
3. Knees to standing jump – Another one for acceleration.
4. Frogger – If you want strong and fast legs this one is perfect for you.
Also, try with alternately moving legs, this one also improves your flexibility.
5. The Valslide Hand Walk
Excellent for hands strength and condition also helps develop core muscles.
6. Single leg plyo hip thrust – Very important for hips felxibility and strenght,this one helps if yo feel any kind of pain in down back.
7. Squat walk – Push your legs to the limit with this awesome drill for the condition. For better performance try to walk backward.
8. Spiderman push up – This one is not so easy and it’s not recommended for beginners.
9. Bridge rotation (also advanced level) – Here is the whole process of learning rotation from the bridge position. This one helps for a sense of space and escape from different situations
10. Bar abs killer – I prefer this one because it has many benefits for Jiu-Jitsu, speed of legs, hips, and condition, and strength of hands.
You can also check the 3 worst exercises for Jiu-Jitsu